Thursday, November 29, 2007

Masaala Paapad

Topping up the Roasted papad/happala/happalam is one's choice. You can spread vegetables, roasted nuts, cut onions, grated coconut etc.
When you want to munch some thing that too spicy you can go ahead and prepare your own creation.
I have used spicy Udupi Urid Papad which is very common in Udupi. These Papads are usually done during hot summer and stored for the rainy days. I do buy these papads when ever I visit Udupi that is our home town.
I have used grated carrots, fried flattened rice, groundnuts and little coconut. No onion is used here.
Lets see the recipe now :
Things needed:
Spicy Urid Paapad: 2 to 4
Chat Masala: 1/2 Teaspoon
Grated Carrot : 1
Grated coconut : 2 Tablespoons
Roasted groundnuts : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Fried flattened Rice/Thick Avalakki  : 2 to 3 Tablespoons (Optional).


Method :
1. Roast papad on gas flame and keep it aside.
2. Wash and grate carrot and grate coconut.

3. Keep roasted papads and spread grated carrots, coconut and little chat masala.

4. Top up with fried Avalakki and groundnuts and serve.
Note :
Use of any brand Papad is optional. Deep frying of papads are optional. Use of any spice is optional. You can use jeera powder, garam masala powder etc. Use of onions is optional. I have not added onions. Use of fried Avalakki/flattened rice is optional. You can use Sev/Potato chips etc
Time : 10 Minutes.
Serves :  2 to 3. 

2 comments:

Jack fruits Seeds Tikki

Jack fruits are healthy Seasonal fruits. The seeds also contain lots of good vitamins and minerals.  After eating the fruit we throw away th...

About

author
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →