Here is one more way that you can prepare yummy, crispy chakkuli and you can enjoy then at any time of the day.
All you need is fine variety of rice flour, avalakki/thick variety of poha, roasted chenna and little butter. Red chilly powder, sesame seeds, jeera / cumin seeds and salt.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Rice Flour : 3 Cups
Avalakki/Thick Variety of Poha : 1 Cup
Roasted Chenna/Huri Kadale /Putaani : 3/4 Cup.
Salt : As required
Sesame seeds : 1 Tablespoon
Chilly Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Butter : 2 Tablespoons
Oil : 2 Cups ( To Fry chakkuli ).
Chakli Mould .
Method :1. Clean sesame seeds and keep it aside. ( I have used black sesame seeds).
2. Clean and powder avalakki in a dry mixi jar. ( It should be fine powder).
3. Powder roasted chenna and keep it aside.
4. Take a big bowl and put rice powder, ground avalakki, ground roasted chenna, butter, rice flour, salt, sesame seeds, red chilly powder and mix it nicely.
5. Add water ( little by little) and mix all the ingredients nicely and prepare chakkuli dough.
6. Keep a frying pan on the fire and heat. Add oil, let it get hot. ( On medium flame).
7. Divide the chakkuli dough into small portions.
8. Wash chakli mould and fill in small portion of the dough and roll the top portion of the mould.
9. Squeeze out chakli dough in hot oil and fry on both sides till they turn slightly golden brown.
10. Remove the done chakkuli and put it on a kitchen tissue, so that extra oil will be absorbed by the tissue.
11. Prepare chakkuli with remaining dough.
12. Let it cool. Put them in a air tight box and serve/eat.
Note :The chakli dough should be soft, you need to kneed the dough nicely. It should not be watery. ( It might absorb more oil). Adding chilly powder is optional. Adding white sesame seeds is optional. Do not add more butter. The dough will turn very soft and it will be curdled in oil while frying.
Time : 40 Minutes.
Serves : 2 Medium sized bottles.