Lets see the benefits of dry fruits in our diet.
Its a simple and yummy recipe that you can prepare it quickly.
Things Needed :Walnuts : 1 Cup
Almonds : 1 Cup
Milk Powder : 2 Tablespoons.
Sugar : 11/2 to 2 cups
Ghee : 3/4 cup
Saffron : 2 to 3 Rakes.
Method :1. Soak almonds in hot water and remove the outer skin. Grind it with little water til paste and remove from the mixture.
3. Put sugar in a big pan. Add 1/3 cup of water and mix sugar nicely and let it melt.
4. Keep this sugar mixture on the fire.(Low flame).
5. Add ground almonds, powdered walnuts and mix it well. Add a spoon of ghee.
6. Add milk powder and stir until it leaves the pan.
7. Stir it turns as one ball consistency. Add remaining ghee and saffron rakes and mix it nicely.
8. Remove from the fire and put it on a ghee applied tray. Let it turn warm.
Note :You can use milk to grind soaked almonds. See that not much of water or milk is added while grinding.
If the water or milk is more then you need to spend more time on stirring till it turns thick. (it takes more time to be thick
Adding more ghee is added to taste. Try it on low flame to get good burfi.
Time : 30 minutes.
Serves : At least 25 pieces. (Depending upon to the size of the burfi).