Let us pray and wish this New Year Brings all of us Happy Thoughts, Health and Wealth and Prosperity.
Let us begin the year with simple, healthy and quick Wheat Flour - Dry Fruits Laddu.
Laddu/Laadu / Unde all are the different names for sweet roundels.
Here I have tried wheat flour and dry fruits like anjur /figs, walnuts, raisins and coconut.
Added jaggery to give more sweet taste because wheat flour needs little more sweets. Dates do adds sweet and nutritious properties. I have added dates also.
These Wheat Flour Laddu is good to have at any time of the day. It is good for kids snack box or as evening snack. Good for taking it for tour or when you are travelling. It is good for elders and diabetic people. ( Reduce the sweetness if you are serving to diabetic people.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Dry fruits like figs, dates, raisins : 1 Cup
Ghee : 1/2 Cup or more
Jaggery : 3/4 Cup ( Powdered )
Coconut : Fresh : 1 ( Small One )
Cardamom : 5 to 6 Pods
Jaggery soaked rose petals.
Salt : A pinch
Method :1. Keep a pan on the fire and put jaggery and 1/2 cup of water. Let it melt. Sieve it and keep cleaned mixture aside.
2. Keep a pan on the fire and put 2 tablespoons of ghee. Fry wheat flour nicely till the raw smell goes off. ( At least 5 to 6 minutes on low flame).
3. Grate or cut coconut into pieces and dry grind it.
4.Remove the cardamom seeds from pods and dry grind it with nuts.
5. Now keep cleaned jaggery in a big pan. Let it boil nicely and turn a string consistency.
6. Add grated and ground coconut and add it to jaggery. Stir nicely.
7. Jaggery - coconut mixes well and starts to get thick.
8. Add fried wheat flour and mix it well. Fry raisins in 2 tablespoons of ghee and add it to wheat - jaggery mixure.
Add fried raisins and ground dry fruits and mix all the ingredients nicely. Add 2 tablespoons of rose petals with jaggery.
9. Put off the fire and keep the ready mixture down. Mix it well. Add remaining ghee and mix.
10. Take a handful of the sweet mix and prepare laddu/laadu/unde .
11. Repeat the same and prepare laddu/Laadu/Unde.
12.Store these laddu in a airtight box or bottle and serve or eat as you wish.
NoteDry roast or fry wheat flour nicely till the raw smell disappear. Let the jaggery syrup consistency be 1 thread consistency in the beginning. Adding coconut to jaggery turns as coconut burfi./Thick. Then add wheat flour and other ingredients. Adding more ghee is optional. Add more ghee if you find to make laddu. ( If it turns dry ). Adding rose petals adds to the taste and aroma. It is healthy to eat pink rose petals.
I have kept some rose petals dipped in jaggery to use it in sweets. Rose grows in our terrace pots.
Time : 30 to 40 minutes.
Serves : 30 Laddu can be prepared.