Here is Urid dal - Rava - Avalakki dosa. Urid dal is full of protein and good for all age group.
I have used medium sized Semolina/Rava and Avalakki which helps the dosa to be soft and fluffy. Also it adds colour to dosa when the batter is fermented.
Urid dal dosa is good for all age group and it is diabetic friendly. Even the people who diet can enjoy eating this dosa.
You can prepare dosas as soon as you grind the batter. It is soft and taste good with urid dal aroma. But fermented dosa batter adds to the taste, colour and crispness to dosa.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Rava /Semolina : 2 1/2 Cups
Urid dal : 1/2 Cup
Thin Avalakki / Poha / Aval : 2 to 3 Handful/ Nearly 1/2 Cup
Salt : To Taste
Method :1. Wash and soak Urid dal for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Grind urid dal and avalakki together with required water.
4. Mix rava with required water and add it to urid dal and churn for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove it from the mixi jar to a big bowl and add salt.
6. If you are preparing dosa with out fermenting the batter, Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes.
7. Keep tava on the fire and sprinkle some oil on the top.
8. Clean it with a clean tissue.
9. Take a ladle of dosa batter and spread it in circle shape. Keep the flame low while spreading the batter.
10.Put some oil on the top and let it cook on low and medium flame.
11. Turn the other side and cook for 10 to 20 seconds.
12. Dosa is ready to serve. Serve it with side dish you have prepared.
13. Repeat the same and prepare rest of the dosas.
14. You can also ferment the batter and prepare dosa and enjoy.
Note :Add only required water while grinding. If the batter turns watery add some more rava to the batter and mix it well. Fermenting the batter helps the dosa to be crispy. It adds colour to dosa. If you add rava to grind do not grind it for a long time. It does not taste good and it turns watery.
You can also add rava with out grinding it. ( Optional ). Grinding rava along with urid batter helps the rava to be mixing it well. I have used whole urid.
Without fermentation :
Soaking urid dal 3 to 4 hours and preparing dosa : 20 Minutes. Total 3 hours 20 minutes.
With Fermentation : Another 5 hours .