Cake is desert and I prepared in this way of using Maida /All purpose flour, butter/ghee/oil.
It is nice to have a piece of cake when you have tea or coffee. Having a piece of cake has no particular time. This is an eggless cake.
I have used some dry fruits (very little amount) at the end just before baking. It adds to the taste and gives nice colour too. No egg in this cake.
Lets see the recipe now :
All purpose flour/Maida : 2 Cups
Sugar : 1 Cup
Curd : 1/2 Cup
Cardamom : 3 to 4 pods
Oil : Little more than 3/4 cup
Baking Soda : a pinch
Baking powder : 1 Teaspoon
Dry Fruits : 2 Tablespoons .(Almonds, cashews, raisins, Fig and dates).
1. Sieve Maida, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
2. Dry grind sugar and then add curd, oil and grind it till it gets fluffy.
3. Add cardamom and grind for 1 minute.
4. Remove from the liquidizer and put it in a bowl.
5. Cut dry fruits into small and keep it aside.
6. Now take a big pan and put ground oil, sugar and curd mixture.
7. Add sieved maida and slowly mix all the ingredients well.
8. Greece the baking tray with oil.
9. Pour this mixture to the tray and add dry fruits on the top.
10 . Bake this in the oven for 25 minutes ( 180 degree C).
11. Just insert a knife edge to make sure cake is baked well.
12 Serve fresh dry fruits cake with a cup of Tea/Coffee.
You should have an oven to bake the cake. or try in micro wave ...baking option. You can use ghee/butter instead of oil. (any cooking oil). Adding curd makes the cake soft and fluffy. Adding vanilla essence is optional. More dry nuts can be added.
Total time 25 to 30 minutes to bake + 10 minutes to preparation
Serves : 25 small pieces can be made.