Who does not like pickle? It is such a spicy yummy side dish goes well with every thing. Do you agree for my statement ? A spoon of pickle adds to the taste of food we eat is not so?
This particular mango I got from My brother in law's daughter Sandya. She got it from somebody who stays near by and the person owns a pickle mango tree. The mango I got was quite big and it was just fresh. I was lucky to taste the pickle, which she just finished preparing when we entered her home. Wow I tasted that and it was just spicy and yummy.
The first thing when I got back is, started preparing pickle.
One should remember that when you want to prepare pickle please keep this in mind.
Always prepare pickle with fresh mangoes as soon as you buy them.
The mango should be green, hard and the variety to prepare pickle. (All varieties of mangoes can not be used for pickle).
It should be sour type, and should be plucked from the tree. (Not the fallen ones).
Use a glass jar to store them.
Let us see the recipe now. As I said this is a quick way of preparing pickle. No need to be put it into salt and wait. No need to sun dry.
Things needed :
Green and Fresh Mango : 1 ( Big size )
Salt : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard Seeds : 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon
Red chilly Powder : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Ingh : A little
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 Teaspoon
1. Wash and clean the mango. Wipe it nicely and dry under a fan for few minutes. (Moisture should not be there)
2. Greate mango along with the skin.
3. Dry grind mustard seeds till powder and keep it aside.
4. Take a dry bowl. Clean it with fresh towel or kitchen tissue.
5. Put grated mango, salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder.
6. Mix all the ingredients along with grated mango.
7. Add dry ground mustard seeds and mix it again.
8. Keep a pan on the fire and add oil. Heat and put mustard seeds and ingh.
9. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add this to mango pickle and mix it well.
10. Mix it again and store it in a glass jar once it cools. Better keep it in a fridge.
Use of green savoury mango taste best. Adding rock salt is optional. Adding roasted methi powder is also optional. Adding more oil and Gingly Oil is optional. This pickle taste better after 2 days. It can stay for at least 2 to 3 months in the fridge.
Time : 15 minutes
You can have 1 Small bottle of pickle.