Sabbassige Soppu or Dil leaves are very good for health...A thought came into my mind, that I should try using this leaves and prepare Goli Baje. Goli Baje are very popular munch in Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Mangalore side. It's raining heavily, a plate full of Hot Golibaje by the side of you with cup of Coffee or Tea, thats the way you should enjoy rainy days in our side, I mean Udupi side. Here is a recipe that makes You definitely Happy and here You go enjoy your own way.
Things needed :
Maida ( All purpose flour ) : 1 Cup.
Curd (Dahi).: 1/2 Cup
Green chillies: 2 to 3.
Sabbassige Soppu( Dil leaves) : 1 Cup.
Jeera: 1/2 Tea spoon.
Coconut pieces : 2 Tablespoons
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Ginger : a small piece
Salt : to taste.
Ingh : a pinch.
Cooking Soda: a pinch ( or less than quarter spoon).
Oil : 1 cup.
Method :1 Wash and cut Dil leaves, green chilly, curry leaves into small and keep it aside.
2. Cut coconut pieces and keep it aside.
3. Wash and remove the outer skin of ginger and grate .
4. Take a big bowl and put maida, cut dil leaves, green chilly, grated ginger, cut coconut pieces, salt and mix it well.
6. Add curd and mix it nicely. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Keep oil for frying. Let it get hot.
9. Take a handful of dough and drop little by little dough in oil slowly and fry them till golden brown and remove from the hot oil.
10. Put them on kitchen tissue to absorb extra oil.
11.Repeat the same with remaining dough.
12. Serve hot Dil leaves Goli Baje with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Mix cooking soda just before you fry golibajes. Must serve hot golibajes.If it turns cool it becomes like sponge and does not taste good. You can also prepare golibajes adding only coriander leaves or methi leaves. Use any one of the leaves at time to know the good taste of the golibajes.
Serves 2 to 3
Time : 30 minutes.