Oats laddus are easy to prepare and its healthy too. .These laddus are prepared using Oats, jaggery and coconut or copra. Oats laddus can be one of the Gokulastami special Laddus too.
Oats: 3 Cups
Jaggery: 1 Cup
Coconut: 1 Cup.
Cardamom pods: 5 to 6
Ghee: 2 Table spoons
Sesame seeds: 1 Table spoon.
Cashew Nuts and raisins : Each 1 Table spoon
Water: 1/4 Cup
1. Roast oats nicely till the raw smell disappear and leave it for cooling. Grate coconut or copra and keep it aside.
2. Roast sesame seeds till brown and leave it for cooling.
3. Remove the skin of cardamom and mix the seeds, oats and sesame seeds together and dry grind till powder.
4. Put ground mixture in a big bowl.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put 1 tea spoon of ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins til raisins bubble up and remove and mix with oats mixture.
6. Now put jaggery to the same pan and add 1/4 cup water. Keep stirring till the bubble arise. Let it boil for 1 minute. Now pour this jaggery to the oats mixture and mix it slowly. Add the remaining ghee and put grated coconut and mix all the mixture together.
7. Take a handful of mixture and prepare the laddu. Repeat the same with the remaining mixture.
Note: Need to prepare the jaggery syrup on the low flame. The syrup should not be so thick. Can add more grated coconut. You can use copra also. You can also use almonds along with cashew nuts.
20 Laddus can be prepared.
Time : 25 to 30 Minutes.