Dates and Groundnuts Roll is a sweet dish. Specially made for Vijaya Karnataka Deepavali Edition. The last day of the entry just thought of sending the sweet. Thanks to Babitha Salian.
Dates and Groundnuts Roll is an easy dish and we can enjoy munching this sweet any time of the day and it can be sent to kids munching box (after lunch) and we can pack them for our picnics and travels. Since not much of ghee is used no need of thinking fat or calorie .
I Have used Dates, Groundnuts and Jaggery as the main ingredients.
Now lets know some benefits of Eating Dates and Ground Nuts.
Dates are delicious and most popular fruits packed with an essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are required for normal growth, development and over all well being. Fresh dates are easy digest and gives energy and revitalize the body instantly. Because of this they are being served to break the fast during Ramadah month since ancient times. The fruit is rich in dietary fiber. They contain anti oxidants and work as anti infective, anti inflammatory. They also contain moderate source of Vitamin A. They are excellent source of Iron, potassium and help to regulate the heart rate and blood pressure. Dates are rich in minerals like calcium, manganese and copper. They also contain moderate levels of B- complex vitamins and Vitamin K.
Groundnuts are rich in energy and contain healthy nutrients, minerals, anti oxidants and Vitamins that are essential for optimum health. They contain sufficient levels of mono- unsaturated fatty acids and helps to lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the good cholesterol (HDL) level in the blood. They are also good source of dietary protein and essential for growth and development. They contain high concentrations of antioxidants. Groundnuts are an excellent source of Vitamin E and Vitamin B complex and Vitamin B-6.. The nuts are rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
As I said it before " Dates & Groundnuts Rolls " can be munched any time of the day and every one and all age group will surely love this dish.
Things Needed :Fresh Dates : 10 to 15
Groundnuts : 1 Cup
Jaggery : 1/2 Cup
Ghee : 1 Table spoon.
Poppy Seeds : 1 Tea spoon
1. Dry roast groundnuts and remove the outer skin when they are cool. Dry grind groundnuts and keep it aside. ( Rava consistency ).
2. Remove the seeds and cut dates in to half.
3. Now keep a pan on the fire, put ghee and heat. Fry dates for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove dates from the pan.
4. Add jaggery to the pan and add 2 to 3 table spoons of water. (1/3 of the cup).
5. Let it boil nicely till it gets one string consistency, Add dry ground groundnuts and stir and mix it well. Stir nicely for 2 minutes.
6. Add ghee fried dates and mix it well. Remove the mixture from the fire.
7. Now take a piece of date and little mixture in hand and roll the dates with ground nut mixture.
8. Arrange them on plates and let it cool. " Dates & Groundnuts Rolls " are ready to serve.
Note :Do not add much ghee because groundnut contain oil that is sufficient for the sweets. You can roll them on dry coconut powder. You can also prepare this with Almonds, cashew nuts. You can add any kind of nuts to this sweet. Adding more jaggery or preparing this dish with sugar is left to your choice. I have used organic jaggery so that no need to filter the liquid jaggery.
20 to 25 "Dates & Groundnuts Rolls" Can be prepared.