- Bisbele baath is Karnataka special dish. It is normally prepared using Raw rice, dals and vegetables with some spices.
Many people love to have this bisibele bath for breakfast or lunch. It is one of the filling dish since it has dals, vegetables and some amount of oil or ghee.
No Onion or No garlic is used in this recipe.
Let us see the recipe now :
To Cook :
Raw Rice : 1 cup.
Toor Daal : 4/3 cup.
Carrots: 2 medium sized.
Beans : 1/2 cup.( 10 to 15 beans will do).
Capsicum : 2 ( Medium sized).
To Grind :
Rasam powder: 2 Tea spoons.
Vanghibath Powder : 3 Table spoons
Coconut : Fresh and grated : 1/2 cup.
Tamarind : 1 Small marble size
To Season :
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon.
Urd daal : 1 Teaspoon.
Oil: 3 Tablespoons.
Curry leaves : 10 to 12 .
Asfoetida: ( ingh ) : a pinch.
To add :
Salt : to taste.
Water : required water.
Turmeric powder : a pinch.
Ground coconut and spice mixture
Ghee : 2 Tablespoons
Method:1. Wash rice and toor daal and cook separately.
2. Wash carrots, capsicum and beans. Cut them into your desired size. Remove the seeds from capsicum and then cut.
3. Cook all the vegetables till soft with required water.
4. Grated coconut and grind it with tamarind, vanghi baath powder and rasam powder. (Use required water). Remove it from the mixi jar to a bowl. Keep it aside.
5. Now keep a big pan and put cooked rice, toor dal and cooked vegetables. Add a glass of water.
6. Mix it well. Add turmeric powder, salt and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in between.
7. Add ground coconut mixture and mix it well. Add water if required .
8. Cook on low flame so that it does not burnt. Stir in between.
9. Keep a pan on the fire and put oil to the pan. Add mustard seeds and a spoon of urid dal.
10. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add ingh/asafoetida and curry leaves.
11. Add this seasoning to cooked bisibele baath.
12. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee and stir well. Shift ready bisibele baath to a serving dish and serve with potato chips and a glass of curd.
Note :Do not over cook rice and dals. Vegetables must be cooked well.
You can fry capsicum and then add it . Taste better. Adding any brand of bisibele baath powder is optional. But remember that home made spice powder is the best. I use the same powder for vanghi baath and bisibele baath. It is easy to prepare and the best aroma you have if you use home prepared spices. I fried some pieces of capsicum and added that just before serving. It adds to the taste.
Time : 40 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4
Method to prepare Vanghibaath and Rasam powder.
Vanghibaath powder : Roast channa daal, Urd daal , Coriander seeds, cloves , Cinnemon and red chillies.
Dry grind it. ( Each spice 2 tablespoons and cloves 5 to 6 and a small cinnemon piece).
Rasam Powder : Roast Daniya seeds ( 2 tablespoons), methi (fenugrik ) seeds: 1/4 teaspoon, Jeera 1 teaspoon. Red chillies 6 to 8. Mix all the spice and dry grind and mix the powder thoroughly. Can add Ingh (a pinch ), Mix thoroughly after dry grind it and then use .