Gasi means thick curry which has vegetables and fresh fried or roasted minimum spices. Leaves are always loaded with minerals and vitamins. It is good to have leaves in our diet and must eat at least twice in a week. They are full of fiber and helps digest our food easily and helps to ease constipation problems.
I Have used Amaranth leaves, very little toor da, coconut, red chilly and urid dal.
Let us see the recipe Now :
No Onion or No garlic is used in this Kempu Harive Gasi/Amaranth leaves Curry
Things Needed :To Cook :
Amaranth Leaves/ Kempu Harive soppu : 1 Bundle
Toor Dal : 2 Tablespoons
To fry :
Coconut Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds : 1 Tablespoon
Red chilly : 4 to 5
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
To Grind :
Coconut grated : 1/2 Cup
Fried urid dal mixture
Tamarind : A small marble size
To Add :
Turmeric powder : A pinch
Ground coconut mixture
Salt : As required
Coconut oil Seasoning.
Method :1. Wash and cut Amaranth leaves / Kempu Harive soppu in to small pieces.
2. Cook Amaranth leaves and washed toor dal together. ( Pressure cook for 5 to 6 minutes).
3. Keep a small pan on the fire and put a teaspoon of coconut oil.
4. Add urid dal and fry till they turn golden brown. Add coriander seeds and fry for a minute.
5. Add 4 to 5 red chilly and fry. Let urid dal turn golden brown. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
6. Grate coconut and grind it with fried urid dal mixture and small marble size of tamarind.
7. Add required water while grinding. Let it be paste consistency. Remove it from the mixi jar.
8. Keep a big pan and put cooked amaranth leaves. Add required water and salt. Mix it well.
9. Add a pinch of turmeric powder. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
10. Add ground urid dal - coconut mixture. Mix it well and let it boil for 2 to 3 mintues.
11. Shift the curry to a serving dish and add mustard seeds, curry leaves seasoning to the curry.
12. Serve with The main dish you have prepared.