Shavige - Rava - Avarekai Uppittu.
So thinking of breakfast, you can provide many Indian food. Uppittu comes to the mind suddenly and it is 100% healthy breakfast. It does contain carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. I have prepared Uppittu using medium sized rava and shavige/vermicelli.
Avarekai / field beans is available these days. Making use of seasonal vegetable is one of the healthy habit. Field beans are filled with vitamins and minerals.
I have used Avarekai/field beans, medium size rava and Shavige/Vermicelli.
This uppittu is good for any special days like vratha, upavasa or festival or feast days for breakfast.
It is good for people who diet, diabetic people and good snack in the evening and fits into all age group people.
Let us see the recipe now :
NO ONION OR NO GARLIC RECIPE.
Ingredients :To Fry :
Rava /Semolina : Medium size : 1 Cup
Shavigev /Vermicelli : 1 Cup
To Cook :
Field Beans : 1 Cup
To Add :
Fresh grated coconut : 1/2 Cup
Ginger : An inch
Lemon Extract : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Ghee : 2 Tablespoons
Hot boiling water : 3 1/2 cups
To Season :
Oil : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Pepper Pods : 3 to 4
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8 Leaves
Red chilly : 2
Method :1. Remove the pods from field beans shell and wash it. Pressure cook and keep it aside.
2. Wash green chilly and cut into big pieces.
3. Wash ginger, remove its outer layer, wash it again and grated it. Keep it aside.
4. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Crush pepper pods and keep aside.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put oil and mustard seeds, urid dal and let mustard seeds splutter.
6. Add green chilly, pepper pods, curry leaves and fry nicely for a minute.
7. Add rava and fry till the raw smell goes off.
8. Add shavige/vermicelli and fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep water for boiling.
9. Add grated ginger, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and mix it nicely.
10. Add boiling water and mix all the ingredients nicely. Let it be on low flame while pouring the hot water.
11. Add cooked avarekai and mix it well. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame. Let all the moisture disappear. Add lemon juice/Extract.
12. Stir Uppittu slowly and mix it well. Add fresh grated coconut and 2 tablespoons of ghee.
13. Put off the fire and mix it once again nicely.
14. Shift the ready Shavige - Rava - Avarekai Uppittu to a serving dish and serve with your choice of side dish.
Note :Fry rava and shavige nicely. Adding any other vegetable is optional. Adding more /less chilly is optional. Adding more oil or ghee adds to the taste.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4 .