|READY TO SERVE FLAX SEEDS -CAPSICUM - CHAYOTE SQUASH PEEL CHUTNEY.|
Lets see the benefits of having Chayote Squash and Capsicum in our diet.
Chayote Squash is very low in calories and no saturated fats or cholesterol. It is rich in dietary fiber. They contain good amount of anti oxidants, minerals, vitamins. They are good sources of B complex vitamins.
Capsicum helps in keeping our skin clear and it prevents rashes and pimples. They contain Vitamin A which is good for eyes and helps in preventing eye diseases.Capsicum is helpful in treating pain related diseases. Eating capsicum speeds up the metabolism and helps to burn calories and helps to reduce weight. They help to digest food easily and prevents indigestion. It regulates blood pressure and lower cholesterol in the body.
Now lets see the recipe .
Ingredients :Flax Seeds : 1 Table spoon
Capsicum : 1
Chayote Squash Peel : 1 Cup
Tamarind : Marble size
Coconut : fresh and grated : 1 Cup
Salt : required
Ingh : a pinch
Green Chilly : 2 to 3
Urid dal : 1/2 Tea spoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Tea spoon
Coconut Oil : 1 Tea spoon
Method :1. Wash and peel Chayote Squash skin and keep it aside.
2. Wash and cut capsicum into small pieces
4. Now keep a pan on the fire. Put 1/2 Tea spoon of oil. Put flax seeds and fry nicely till they turn slightly brown.
7. Now grind tamarind (a small marble size), coconut and fried flax seeds , capsicum and chayote squash peels.
9. Shift the ground chutney to a serving bowl.
11. Add curry leaves and a pinch of ingh and put this mustard mixture to chutney bowl.
12. Serve chutney with the main dish you prepared.
Note :Fry flax seeds on low flame till they turn roast. Add little by little water while grinding. Chutney consistency should be thick or it does not taste that good. Adding more chilly is optional. Adding little jaggery is also optional. You can add cut onions and garlic while grinding .(fry garlic and then add). Using coconut oil is also optional. Instead you can use your choice of cooking oil.
Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5