I prepared this chutney for afternoon lunch and used the left over chutney to prepare crispy, yummy rava rotti
Rava rotti turned yummy. It is easy, yummy, quick and simple. You can prepare this rotti very easily and quick. You can add the vegetables of your choice. All the ingredients are already mixed in the chutney and it adds taste to rotti.
I have used coconut, green chilly, ondelaga /Gotu kola leaves and little tamarind for chutney.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Rava /Semolina Medium sized : 2 Cups
Chutney /Any chutney : 1 Small cup
Carrots : 2
Salt : As required
Curd : 2 Tablespoons
Oil : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Method :1. Take a big bowl and add curd, required salt, rava and mix it well.
2. Add chutney and required water.
3. Wash and scrape out the outer layer of carrots and grate it.
4. Put grated carrots to rava and mix it well. Add water if required.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put a teaspoon of oil on the top.
6. Spread the oil around the pan with the help of spatula.
7. Now take a handful of rava rotti mixture and spread it with your finger. ( As thin as you like ).
8. Add little oil on the top of rotti and let it cook on medium and low flame.
9. Turn the other side and cook for a minute.
10. Now Chutney Rava Rotti is ready to serve.
11. Serve with your choice of side dish like chutney powder, chutney or sambar/curry.
12. We had Chutney Rava Rotti with coriander - coconut chutney and chutney powder. Added a teaspoon of fresh home made ghee on the top while serving.
Note :Do not use stale chutney. You might get sick. Use of any vegetable of your choice is optional.
Use of more /less oil is optional. Adding curd to rotti mixture adds to the taste. ( Optional ).
Adding onions to rotti is optional. Chutney is filled with all the ingredients. Adding extra coriander leaves, curry leaves and coconut is optional.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3.
Ondelaga / Gotu Kola leaves Chutney :Wash and remove the stem from Ondelaga if they are very hard. Grate coconut. Grind coconut, cleaned and washed Ondelaga /Gotu Kola, tamarind pulp and coriander leaves. Add required salt and grind it with required water. Add mustard seasoning with curry leaves and ingh. Your Ondelaga chutney is ready to serve. I have used this chutney for preparing Rava Rotti.
Rotti Preparation : 20 Minutes
Coconut chuteny : 10