Akki Rotti/Rice flour rotti is favourite of many. We do love and I prepare this akki rotti giving a little twist to it. Use of varieties of vegetables gives loads of strength and energy and it is very easy to digest because it is loaded it vegetables.
I am very fond of authentic dishes. This akki rotti takes first place in the villages when they have visitors or relatives visit them. I have read in so many Kannada story books that when son in law or the college going son comes home to visit his parents. or son in law visiting his in laws or even the kids visiting their grand mother, mother or grandmother prepare this yummy dish and serve with butter and chutney pudi on the top. The stories I have read still lingering in my mind and they had a beautiful coverage of village beauty. The river flowing by the side of the mountain, green surroundings, the mango trees flowering, the birds chirping in the morning, or the cool breeze from the coconut plants, beautiful sun rise/set. All these gives us the real picture of the village and you fall love in it.
Let us coming back to Akki rotti/Rice flour carrot rotti. I have used the fine rice flour, carrots and some spices to give a good taste.
No Onions are used in this Rice flour Carrot Rotti.
It fits into your breakfast perfectly. You can parcel them for school tiffin/snack box. It taste good even when it turns cool. It also can be eaten as dinner and snack.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :
Rice flour : 2 Cups
Carrots : 2
Green chilly : 1
Dry Ginger Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Coriander leaves : 2 Tablespoons
Curry Leaves : 8 to 10 or more
Coconut : Fresh and grated : 4 to 5 Tablespoons
Salt : Required
Water : Required
Oil : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
1. Wash and remove the outer layer (slightly) and grate carrots.
2. Wash and cut green chilly, coriander and curry leaves.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
4. Take a big bowl. Add rice flour, grated carrots, cut coriander and curry leaves, green chilly.
5. Add dry ginger powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients nicely and add water carefully.
6. Prepare the dough.(like idli dough or little thicker).
7. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle little oil on the top and clean it out.
8. Take a handful of dough and spread it on the tava in a circle shape.
9. Spread it in circle shape. (Spread it very thin). Keep the flame very low while spreading the dough.
10. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and turn the other side and cook. (low and medium flame).
11. Rice flour carrot rotti is ready to serve. Add ghee/butter on the top and serve with side dish.
12. Repeat the same with remaining dough,
Take care while preparing the dough. Do not add too much water. The dough should be little loose.It helps the dough to spread it on the pan easily. (Thicker than idli dough). Use of chilly more/less is optional. Use of onions are optional. I have not used. Reducing the flame while spreading the dough around the pan helps you to spread it evenly and thin. Adding fresh grated ginger instead of dry ginger is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4