Saturday, May 30, 2020

Almond /Badam Halva

Almond Halva /Badam Halva is one of the delicious sweet treat and I love to have it at any time of the  day. I am not a big fan of sweets but I always prefer to have this Badam Halva.

It is very easy and quick to prepare it. The taste is amazing when you do prepare at home.
The ingredients I used are almonds, sugar, boiled milk, ghee and Kesar/Saffron.
Posting this sweet dish for to note our son Rishikanth Got married to Kavitha Last week and We wish the newly wedded couple to all the best and lead Happy Life.
I also request all my friends to Wish  Rishi - Kavitha for their bright future.

Lets see the recipe Now :

Ingredients :

Almonds : 1 Cup
Sugar : 1 Cup or little less
Milk : 1/2 Cup
Ghee : 2 to 3 Tbs
Milk Powder : 2 Tbs


Method :

1. Soak almonds in hot water and remove its husk.
2. Grind almonds with milk to paste consistency.


3. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to a big pan and keep the pan on the fire.


4.Put ground almond - milk mixture and milk powder.


5. Add a tbs of ghee and stir it slowly.


6. Let the flame be on slow flame.


7. Stir continuously it it starts to leave the pan.


8. Add a tbs of ghee and put off the fire.

9. Mix it nicely and put it in a serving dish.

10. Serve as You Wish.

Time : 15 to 20 minutes.
Serves : As you like it.

Note :

Adding more sugar to halva is optional. Adding more ghee is optional. Take out the halva once it starts to leave the pan. Then add a tbs of ghee. Grind it till paste to get good taste. Adding milk powder is optional.

1 comment:

Jack fruits Seeds Tikki

Jack fruits are healthy Seasonal fruits. The seeds also contain lots of good vitamins and minerals.  After eating the fruit we throw away th...

About

author
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →