I have used bottle gourd, fresh grated coconut, little jaggery, 3 to 4 almonds, and seasoned with home made ghee.
Let us see some benefits of eating " Fresh Ghee " in our diet.
Ghee is one of the good fat content that our body needs to be fit. They help in easy digestion and rich in the oil soluble Vitamin A and Vitamin E.. It contain anti oxidnt and anti- viral properties. They help and take care of immune system. They have good source of anti inflammatory properties also.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Sorekai /Bottle Gourd : 1 Bowl. ( Half bottle gourd of small size bottle gourd ).
Coconut 5 to 6 Tablespoons
Almonds : 4 to 5 pods.
jaggery : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
For Seasoning :
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1/2 Teaspoon
Red chilly : 3 to 4
Curry Leaves. : 6 to 8
Method :1. Wash and remove the outer layer of bottle gourd/sorekai and cut into thin /small pieces.
2. Cook with little water. Let it get soft.
3. Grate coconut and grind it with 3 to 4 almonds into thin paste. Add water if required.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and put cooked sorekai/bottle gourd pieces.
5. Add salt, little turmeric powder and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add ground coconut - Almond mixture and mix it. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Keep a small pan on the fire and heat. Put a tablespoon of ghee. Add mustard seeds, cut red chilly.
8. Let it splutter. Add curry leaves and put off the fire
9. Add this seasoning to Sorekai Sihi./Bottle Gourd Sweet Curry.
10. Serve with hot rice or any other main dish.
Note :Grind coconut into fine paste. Use only required water to grind. The curry should be thick. Adding almonds helps the curry to be thick. You can use a teaspoon of raw rice. Use of more coconut adds to the taste. Use of ghee adds to the taste. Use of jaggery is optional.
The vegetable should be cooked well. So that it mixes well with gravy.
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4 .