I got some mangoes from my relatives and was lazy to prepare pickle. The nest day I remember and saw it has turned bit yellowish but it was hard and I could try this Mango chutney /tokku which is very easy and you can keep this tokku in the fridge for a long time.
This Mango Chutney is prepared during the end of Mango season. Now we can see raw mangoes in some shops these days.
This type of tokku is prepared at my aunt's house. No need to be boiled or cooked. Raw mangoes are used to this chutney and it is called as Hindi /ಹಿಂಡಿ.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :
Raw Savoury Mangoes : 2
Red chilly powder : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Salt : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1 Tablespoon
Methi Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Ingh/ Asafoetida : A little
Oil : 2 Tablespoons
To Season :
Coconut Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
1. Remove the outer layer of mango and cut into small pieces.
2. Put salt and mix it well.
3. Dry roast methi seeds until it turns golden brown.
4. Dry grind mustard seeds and methi seeds and keep it aside.
5. Now grind cut mangoes with salt, red chilly powder, ingh and powdered mustard and methi seeds.
6. Do not add any water while grinding. You can use dry grinder /chopper.
7. Add a little turmeric powder and grind it.
8. Let all the ingredients turn soft and completely fine.
9. Remove it from the mixi jar and add seasoned mustard seeds and ingh with coconut oil.
10. Leave it in a bowl till it is cooled and then store it in a glass bottle. ( Clean the bottle nicely before you put Hindi in to it).
Do not add any water while grinding. Mangoes should be cleaned in dry clothes nicely before using it. Adding more chilly powder is optional. Use of savoury mango is must. Keep this mango chutney in a fridge to save for more days. I have used MTR Chilly Powder.
You can add mango chutney to prepare Mango Chitranna.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves as you use it.