I do not like to deep fry bread because it absorbs lots of oil and definitely is not good for health. (Purely my opionion)
Anyways here is one such roasted bread roll on tava and I have used carrots dry curry which was done for lunch as one of the side dish,
You can use any type of bread and I have used wheat bread for this Carrot Bread Roll. As I said it is very easy and quick and you can give it to children when they are back from school. Elders love it because it is crispy but not oily. Easy to digest because carrots are stuffed inside. Tasty because carrots have some simple spices.
Try with your own desired filling and Enjoy.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Carrots Dry Curry : 1 Cup
Bread Slices : 6 to 8
Oil / Ghee /Butter : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Method :1. Roll the bread slice with the help of chapati roller. ( Let it be completely flat).
2. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of carrots dry curry and roll the bread covering the curry.
3. Keep a dosa pan on the fire and let it heat. Add a teaspoon of oil and place the bread roll.
4. Sprinkle a teaspoon of oil around and let it roast on low flame till golden brown.
5. Turn the other side and roast that side.
6. Simple and quick Bread Roll is ready to serve.
7. Spread some ketch up on the top or serve with your desired side dish. (Chutney, any other dip of your choice).
Note :I have used carrots dry curry which was prepared for lunch. Not much of oil in it and it is mild spicy.
Filling any other ingredients is optional. (You can fill potatoes, beans and peas, paneer or honey or jam.
Use of more oil/butter/ghee is optional.
Use of more / less chilly is optional.
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3.