Here is a pulka which is done using Ragi/Finger millet and Jola/ Sorghum flour. The rotis will be yummy, soft, fluffy and we had it with groundnut chutney.
I have used finger millet/Ragi and Jola /Millet/Sorghum. The combination of these flour goes well with each other and the dough turns soft. You can easily roll the dough in chapati shape/round shape.
Let us see some benefits of eating Ragi /Finger Millet in our diet.
Ragi/ Finger Millet is full of proteins and is free of gluten. Ragi is filled with minerals like calcium, phosphorous, iron and potassium. Ragi is good natural alternative to health supplements. It is easy to digest but slow in digestion. So you will not feel hungry for a long time. Ragi is good for diabetic people. Ragi is filled with antioxidants. It is good for people who wants to lose their weight. It helps to control cholesterol level in our body. It is filled with fiber and good for people who suffer in constipation. Eating ragi is good for people who are suffering from anemia. Ragi is filled with natural calcium and helps in strengthening our bones. Ragi is one of the comfortable food and it helps to relax our body and mind.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :Ragi flour : 2 Cups
Millet /Sorghum flour : 1/2 Cup
Salt : As required. ( Optional/ I have not used).
Boiling water : As required. ( 1/2 Cup )
Method :1. Put ragi flour and sorghum/millet flour in a big bowl. Mix it well and pour boiling water. Let it cool a bit.
2. Mix it well and prepare the dough. Add water only if required. Kneed the dough well.
3. Keep some dry flour in a bowl.
4. Kneed the dough and divide the dough in small portions.
5. Take a small portion of the dough and make it round and dip it in dry flour.
6. Roll it as chapati with the help of a roller.
7. Keep a pan/tava on the fire and heat. Put a rolled chapati on the hot tava and press it slowly on the top and around. It starts to fluff.
8. Turn the other side and cook for a minute. Remove it from the pan and put little ghee on the top.
9. Repeat the same with remaining dough. Serve hot pulkas with side dish of your choice and a cup of curd.
10. We had this Ragi - Jola flour Pulka with groundnut chutney, a cup of curd.
Note :The should be soft and add only required water while preparing the dough. I have cooked the pulka on tava. /Cooking on gas fire is optional. ( Now a days it is said that cooking pulka on gas fire is not good for health). Adding ghee on the top of hot pulka is optional.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 8 Pulkas can be prepared.( According to size ).