Pakoda is one of the yummy snack that most of us like.
I usually do prepare some fried dish because I love munching some fried food. I have prepared potato - onion pakoda.
I have used onions, potato, channa flour/besan and rice flour. I have used green chilly and little jeera/cumin seeds.
You can have this Potato - Onion Pakoda for snack or with lunch as a bite in between.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :
Besan/channa flour : 1 Cup
Onions : Medium size : 2
Potato : 1
Green chilly : 2
Jeera /cumin seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : As required.
Pepper powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Oil : To Fry : 1 Cup
1. Put besan/channa flour in a big bowl.
2. Add salt, jeera and little pepper powder.
3. Wash and remove the outer layer of potato and cut into very small pieces.
4. Wash green chilly and cut into small.
5. Remove the outer layer of onions and wash it again.
6. Cut onions into very small.
7. Add cut onions, potato, green chilly to besan. Mix it well.
8. Add required water and prepare the thick batter.
9. Keep a pan on the fire and add oil. Let it get hot.
10. Mix all the ingredients nicely and take a handful of batter and
leave as pakodas, in small portions.
11. Fry on both side on medium flame till they turn on golden brown.
12. Remove the fried pakodas and put it on the kitchen tissue.
13. Repeat the same and prepare remaining pakodas.
14. Serve with ketch up or chutney and a cup of coffee or tea.
The batter should be thick. Adding little red chilly powder is optional.You can also add coriander leaves and curry leaves to the batter. Do not add any cooking soda to the batter.
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3 .