Kabooli Chenna or White Channa is one of the pod comes in handy when you boil it and store in freezer. I do cook kabooli channa, freeze and use it whenever I need it. It is not that I keep this cooked channa for months together. I do use it regularly at least once in 20 days and use the frozen ones as early as posssible. The above said Kabooli Channa Curry is such one of it.
Poori - channa goes hand in hand. Channa helps you keep your tummy full for a long time. It has all the minerals and vitamins you need for a day. It is protein rich, fiber rich and full of carbs.
I have used Kabooli channa, tomatoes, aloo/potatoes and some spices which are easily available at home.
No Onion or No Garlic is used in this Kabooli Channa Curry
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :
Kabooli Channa : 1 Big Cup ( Cooked )
Potatoes : 2
Curry Leaves : 1 Handful
Coriander leaves : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Tomatoes : 2 to 3
To Add :
Lemon : 1 Lemon extract
Salt : As required
Dry Methi leaves/kasori methi : 2 Tablespoons
Rasam Powder : 2 Tablespoons
Jeera Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ginger : An inch
Cooking Oil : 2 Tablespoons
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Methi Seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Green Chilly : 2
Curry Leaves : 1 Handful
1. Wash and cut potatoes into small pieces. (Peel off its outer layer).
2. Wash and cut tomatoes, curry leaves and slit green chilly.
3. Wash and peel off outer layer of ginger, wash it again and grate it. Keep it aside.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and let it get hot. Add jeera/cumin seeds. Add slit chilly.5. Fry for 10 seconds, add cut potatoes and fry nicely for 2 minutes. Add a cup of water and cook.
5. Add tomatoes, grated ginger, when the potatoes turn soft. Mix it well. Add cooked Kabooli Channa.
6. Add salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix it well and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add rasam powder, jeera powder and garam masala.
Let the curry boil for 3 to 4 minutes.Add Kasori Methi / Dry Methi Leaves.
8. Add a teaspoon of butter on the top and let it get melt. Add lemon extract. Mix it well and put off the fire.
9. Shift Kabooli Channa Curry to a serving dish and serve.
10. We had Kabooli Channa Curry with Hot Pooris.
Cook potatoes till they turn soft. Soak kabooli channa for 5 to 6 hours before you cook. Adding any spice is your choice. You can use any brand of channa masala, pav bhaji masala or simple chilly powder. I have added home prepared rasam powder and garam masala. Adding methi seeds helps to digest the food well. It reduces the cholesterol level in the food and is fiber rich.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 .