Here I have used roasted chenna, jaggery, thin variety of semolina and little maida.
Use of ghee helps the outer layer to be crispy and crunchy.
It is easy, simple and jaggery is used instead of sugar. Chiroti rava in a al
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :For Outer Layer/Cover/Kanaka
Chiroti Rava : 1 Cup
Maida : 1/2 Cup or little less
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : A little
Roasted Chenna /Huri Kadale : 1/2 Cup/ 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Dry coconut : Cup
Cardamom : 5 to 6 Pods
Jaggery : 1/2 Cup (Powdered)
Oil : to Fry : 2 Cups
Method :1. Dry grind dry coconut and keep it aside.
2. Dry grind jaggery, roasted chenna and cardamom pods nicely till powder.
3. Take a big bowl and put coconut powder, jaggery mixture and mix it well.
4. Take a big bowl, put chiroti rava/thin variety of semolina and maida/All purpose flour.
5. Add required salt, a tablespoon of ghee and mix all the ingredients nicely for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add water ( little by little ) and prepare the dough.
7. Kneed the dough nicely and divide the dough into small portion.
9. Arrange the done karchikai in a plate or tray.
10. Keep a pan on the fire and put oil. Let it get heated. (On low flame).
11. Put folded karchikai/karanji one by one and fry on both sides.
13. Repeat the same and prepare rest of karchikai.
Note :Do not add any water while dry grinding. No need to heat sweet mixture on the pan. Roasted chenna helps to take away the moisture. Use of more / less jggery is optional. Use of more ghee while preparing the dough helps the dough to turn crispy. Let the flame be low while frying also. It helps the kachori layer to be crunchy
Time: 30 to 40 Minutes
Serves : 15 to 20.