Just had some thing in mind and gave a try, it has come out nicely and of course healthy.
I have used wheat flour and fruits like apple, pomegranates with little chat masala.
The baskets are made with wheat and chiroti rava/thin variety of semolina.
Try and enjoy this Wheat Fruit Basket Chat.
Wheat baskets are easy to prepare.
These Wheat baskets are prepared with wheat flour and chiroti rava.
Let us see the recipe now :
Let us prepare wheat basket first and then proceed to fruits
Things Needed :Wheat Baskets
Things needed :Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Chiroti rava/thin variety of semolina : 2 Tablespoons
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
Oil : To fry : 1 Cup
A Steel glass
Fruits Filling :
Apple : 1
Pomegranate : 1
Honey : 2 Tablespoons
Chat Masala : 1/4 Teaspoon
To Add :
Fried Corn flakes. (Purely optional).
1. Take a big bowl and add wheat flour,jeera, ghee and salt. Mix it well and then add water to prepare poori dough.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of chiroti rava and then mix it with dough. Kneed the dough well and keep it aside.
3. Now divide the dough into small portions.
4. Roll them as small chapatis.
5. Take a steel glass. Put it up side down.
6. Take a rolled chapati and put it on the bottom around the glass. ( Only 1/4 of the glass ).
7. Just give a basket shape and keep it aside. Let the chapati stick on the bottom of the glass.
8. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and let it get hot. ( Medium flame).
9. Now take a glass with the help of holder and dip in hot oil.
10. Slowly the basket comes out of the glass bottom. Fry on both sides and remove the wheat baskets once it is done. (Fry on low and medium flame). Put it on a kitchen tissue.
11. Repeat the same and prepare the remaining baskets.
12. Wash and peel off the apple skin and seeds. Cut it into small pieces.
13. Remove pomegranate seeds and put it with apple pieces.
14. Mix the fruit pieces with honey and chat masala. Mix some rose petals. ( Optional).
Mix it nicely. Keep it aside.
15. Now arrange the wheat baskets in a tray and fill it with fruits mixture. Top up with fried corn flakes and serve. Adding corn flakes on the top is optional.
Note :Let the dough be bit tight. Adding chiroti rava helps to add the crisps to wheat baskets.
Adding any fruit pieces is optional. I have added some rose petals with fruits. (purely optional).
You can also add onions and carrot gratings and make spicy wheat basket.
Time : 40 Minutes.