I have used wheat flour, rava, banana and jaggery and little eno salt to add softness in the dish.
These Sweet Guli appa is good for kids when they come back from school in the evening. It is diabetic friendly, it is prepared using rava and wheat flour. Add little jaggery if you are serving to diabetic person.
Jaggery does provide energy and iron. It is good to have to decrease gastric problems. It helps to digest the food easily.
Wheat - Rava - Banana Guli Appa is easy to prepare, a very few ingredients to use and you can do it quickly. It can be served as evening snack or for breakfast.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Wheat flour : 1 Cup
Rava /Semolina ( Medium size) : 1/2 Cup
Jaggery : 2 Tablespoons full
Banana : Well ripen : 1
Curd : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Eno Salt or Cooking Soda : A pinch
Coconut : Grated : 2 Tablespoons.
Cooking Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
1. Take a big bowl and add curd, jaggery and banana and mix it nicely.
2. Add wheat flour, rava, grated coconut, salt .
3. Mix all the ingredients nicely and add required water. Mix it well.
4. The batter should be like dosa consistency.
5. Add eno salt to the ready batter and mix it well.
6. Keep Guli Appa pan on the fire and heat. Add little oil to each mould in guli appa pan.
7. Mix the batter nicely and put a spoon of batter. sprinkle oil to each guli appa.
8. Cover the pan and cook on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Turn the other side and cook on low flame till it turns golden brown.
10. Remove guli appa to a clean bowl or plate and serve with ghee.
Note :Do not make the batter too watery. Add little rava if the batter turns very watery.
Adding more / less jaggery is optional. Adding ghee while cooking is optional. Use of well ripe banana is good to use and guli appa turns tasty.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3.