I have used Palak leaves, onions, green chilly, little ginger and coconut.
Let us see some benefits of eating Palak /Spinach Leaves in our diet.
Palak /spinach leaves are rich source of minerals and vitamins. Palak/Spinach can be eaten as raw in salads and be cooked in varieties of curries. We Indians normally cook Spinach and eat.
Spinach / palak is good for regulating our blood pressure. It helps to build strong muscles. Palk helps in taking care of skin and eyesight. Spinach is filled with potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and calcium. It contain vitamins like folate, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K. Spinach is loaded with beta carotene and good for eyesight. It helps to boost eye healthy and prevents vitamin A deficiencies. It has anti inflammatory properties. Palak leaves do contain different types of antioxidants and provide neurological benefits to people. Folate content in Spinach helps to reduce the risk of Alzheimer disease. Potassium in Spinach helps to take care of brain health. Palak leaves contain high amount of potassium and low amount of sodium. So palak leaves are good for people who suffer from high blood pressure. It also helps to reduce the hypertension and relaxes blood vessels.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :Palak Leaves : 1 Big Bundle
Onions : 2 Medium sized
Green chilly : 2
Ginger : Grated ginger 1 teaspoon.
Pepper Pods : 3 to 4
Coconut : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Turmeric Powder : A little
For Seasoning :
Cooking Oil : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and cut palak leaves into small and keep it aside. Wash and slit green chilly and cut curry leaves.
2. Remove the outer layer of onions and cut in to small and keep it aside. Crush pepper pods.
Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger, wash it again. Grate it and keep it aside.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil, mustard seeds and let mustard seeds splutter.
4. Add jeera/cumin seeds and fry. Add slit green chilly and curry leaves.
5. Add cut onions, grated ginger and crushed pepper pods. Mix all the ingredients nicely and stir slowly.
6. Fry this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cut Palak / Spinach leaves and stir slowly.
7. Add a little turmeric powder, required salt and mix it slowly. Now cover the pan and cook the mixture till it turns soft. ( On low flame ).
8. See that it turned soft and well cooked. Let all the moisture disappear from dry Palya.
9. Add fresh grated coconut and mix it well. Shift the ready Palak Dry Curry/Palya to a serving dish.
10. Serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Note :Do not add any water while cooking this curry. Onion and leaves do contain moisture and helps to cook the leaves soft. Adding any other masala /spice is optional. Adding coconut is optional. Adding more chilly is optional.
Time : 15 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3 .