All you need is the Masala powder, tender brinjal, coconut and the spices which are already in the kitchen shelf.
Lets see some benefits of having "Brinjal" in our diet.
Brinjal (egg plant ) is very low in calories and fats and rich in soluble fiber content. They contain good amount of anti oxidants. Brinjal contain many essential B-complex groups of vitamins. They contain good source of minerals like manganese, copper, iron and potassium. Brinjal helps to loose your extra weight. It controls and lowers the blood pressure. Brinjal is good for diabetics. They also helps to lower the cholesterol in the body.
"Brinjal Baath" is easy to prepare and the whole family can sit together and enjoy the dish. I have not used any onions or garlic in this dish. It is purely optional.
Ingredients :Brinjal : Green and Long : 6 to 8
Basmati Rice : 2 Cups
Bisibele baat powder : 3 to 4 Tea spoons.
Rasam powder : 1 Tea spoon
Cloves : 3 to 4
Cinnamon : An inch
Lemon : 1 or Tamarind Pulp : 1 Table spoon.
Coconut : 1 Cup (fresh and grated).
Salt : Required
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Oil : 2 Table spoons
Ghee : 2 Table spoons
Coriander leaves : 3 to 4 Table spoons.
Method :1. Wash and drain the water from rice and keep it aside
2. Wash and cut brinjal in to small and soak in normal water for 10 minutes. Wash and cut coriander leaves in to small pieces.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Soak tamarind in hot water and squeeze out the pulp and keep it aside.
8. Put off the gas and add grated coconut.
11. Once it is cooked add ghee and mix it well . Cover and keep it for 2 to 3 minutes. (with out the power).
Note :1.You can use Sona Masoori or any other raw rice. Add water according to the rice you choose.( Sona masoori 1 cup rice = 3 cups water). Basmati rice - 1 cup rice = 2 cups of water ).
2. You can use MTR or Maiyya's Bisibele bath powder . ( I use home made powders). Roast channa dal , urid dal each 2 spoons, coriander seeds 1 Tablle spoon, jeera 1/4 tea spoon and 4 to 6 cloves, an inch of cinnamon piece, curry leaves all the one by one and powder it . You get fresh bisibele bath powder).
3.Using more oil or ghee is also optional.
4You can cook this Brinjal Baath in the pressure cooker . Use little less water than usual. or it may turn sticky.
5.You can also use fresh Peas or Awarekalu along with brinjal. Aware kalu should be cooked before adding ( or it may not be cooked well). Use of onions and garlic is also optional.
Time : 40 minutes (preparation + cooking).
Serves : 5