Naan is a kind of Roti, and I have prepared this Naan with wheat flour and chiroti rava/Thin variety of semolina.
Naan is a type of roti and most of the people love to have Naan. Normally Naan is prepared by using Maida/All Purpose flour.
This Naan recipe has no maida. I have used wheat flour and chiroti rava and to soften the naan I have used milk and a tablespoon of curd.
I have seen this this Naan preparing method in a T. V. Cookery show. Just changed maida to wheat and tried it and it turned as good and soft Naan. So prepared these Naan many times at my home
Now I can happily eat and enjoy these Naan because I am sure it is healthy.
I have used Wheat flour, chiroti rava/thin variety of semolina, milk, curd, oil and salt.
Naan turned as soft and yummy.
Let us see the recipe:
Ingredients :Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Chiroti Rava/Thin variety of Semolina : 2 Tablespoons
Milk : 1/2 Cup
Curd : 1 Tablespoon
Oil : 2 Teaspoons.
Salt : A little
Cooking Soda : A pinch
Bowl of water
Method :1. Mix wheat flour, chiroti rava/semolina, oil, salt, cooking soda and mix it well.
2. Add milk and curd to the mixed flour and prepare dough. Add required water while preparing the dough.
3. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
4. Now keep a pan on the fire and heat.
5. Divide the ready dough into small portions. Take a small ball size of dough and roll as chapati or reetangle shape.
6. Sprinkle a drop of water on chapati and put it on the tava and press a little. Cook on medium heat.
7. Sprinkling water helps the chapati to be moisture and helps to cook with out oil.
8. It starts to bubble up on chapati.
9. Remove this chapati and put it on a burning gas and cook fof 10 to 20 seconds.
10. It should be roasted well on the other side.
12. Put it on the plate and apply butter on the top.
13. Naan is ready to serve. Serve " Hot Naan" with the curries of your choice.
14. Repeat the same with remaining dough and prepare Naan.
Note:Let the dough be soft so that Naan turns as soft. Adding milk and curd makes the dough soft. Adding butter instead of oil is optional. You can sprinkle sesame seeds on the top of Naan. ( Optional).
Moisture on the top helps the naan to cook well. (You can press the rolled naan to tava and then hold it on gas burner. It helps you to do the process bit easy. Naan sticks to tava and you can turn the tava upside down to cook upper layer of Naan. Hot Naans is better to have or it might turn bit hard.(Dry).
Time : 30 minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 ( 8 Naan can be made, according to the size ).