Sunday, March 20, 2016

Walnuts-Besan Burfi

Walnuts Besan/Kadale Hittu/Channa flour Burfi is a sweet dish and you can have them at any time of the day. Walnuts are one of the healthy nuts and besan helps to bind the burfi. It is also one of the easiest burfi that you can prepare with in short time. It is simple and quick sweet.

Let us see the benefits of Walnuts in our diet.
Walnut trees have been serving the mankind since 7000 B.C. Two third of the world's walnut production is from California. Walnuts are very good for reduction of bad cholesterol in our body. It helps the metabolism and control diabetes. They have good anti oxidant and anti inflammatory properties. It is said that they are good mood busters.
As I said it is an easy recipe and can be done quickly. I prepared this sweet to take it for my sisters and in laws. Though I clicked pic after  I cut it and packed it inside the zip bag once it is cooled, I am not able to find those clicks. Will post some more pics later when I prepare this burfi again.

Things Needed :

Besan /Channa Flour/Kadale Hittu : 2 Cups
Sugar : 4 Cups
Ghee : 2 Cups
Cardamom : 4 to 5 pods
Walnuts : 1 cup

Method :

1. Dry grind walnuts. Powder cardamom pods with little sugar. (A teaspoon of sugar).
2. Put sugar in a big pan and add 1/2 cup of water. Mix it well and keep it on a low flame.

3. Mix in between and let it completely dissolve.
4. It starts boiling. Starts to bubble. Check with one thread consistency.
5. Add besan/kadale hittu/channa flour slowly and mix it nicely with sugar syrup.

6. Add ghee little by little while stirring. Add walnuts and stir little more. Keep stirring until it leaves the pan. Add cardamom powder.

7. Stir for little more and pour it a ghee applied tray or plate.
8. Cut it according to the desired shape once it is slightly cool.

9. Enjoy whenever you want a piece or serve .

Note : 

One should do it on a low flame to get the best burfi. Adding more/less ghee is optional. Adding any other flavour than cardamom is also optional. You can add paccha karpoor, clove or cinnamon powder. Adding any other nuts One should use the pure channa flour (Channadal powder). Do not roasted chenna/hurikadale/pottu kadale flour. Burfi may not taste the same.
Time : 20 to 25 minutes
Serves : as required.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I would love to get a bite off of that tasty burfi.. Send me a package please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth watering burfi recipe. please pass me some :-)

    ReplyDelete

Jack fruits Seeds Tikki

Jack fruits are healthy Seasonal fruits. The seeds also contain lots of good vitamins and minerals.  After eating the fruit we throw away th...

About

author
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →