Shavige/Thin variety of noodles Chitranna is an easy dish. It is good for breakfast, as snack or even for dinner. It is loaded with vegetables and provides energy.
I have used Anil Shavige (wheat), vegetables and simple spices.
No Onion or Garlic is used in this Shavige - Vegetable Chitranna.
Let us see the recipe now:
To Cook :
Shavige: (Any brand will do): 2 cups.
Carrots : 2
To Add :
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Coconut: 3 to 4 Table spoons
Lemon : 1/2 Rind
Salt; to taste
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Water: 4 Cups
To Season :Oil; 2 Table spoons
Ghee: 2 Table spoons
Mustard seeds: 1/2 Tea spoon
Urd Dal: 1/2 Tea spoon
Curry leaves : 5 to 6
Coriander leaves: 2 Table spoons
1. Wash and cut carrots and capsicum, green chilly, coriander leaves and keep it aside.
2. Grate coconut and squeeze out the lemon juice and keep it aside.
3. Keep water for boiling.
4. Cook carrots and capsicum in little water for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep it aside.
5. Add green chilly and curry leaves to the mustard mixture and fry for 10 seconds.
6. Add shavige and fry for 2 minutes on low flame till its slightly brown.
7. Add water to the fried shavige and mix it nicely.
8. Add salt and boiled vegetables and mix well.
9. Cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Add coconut and coriander leaves.
10. Add lemon juice and fresh grated coconut.
11. Add 2 Table spoons of ghee and mix it again.
12. Serve Shavige Vegetable Chitranna with a cup of curd or sprinkle a spoon of sugar on the top and a cup of chutney of your choice.
Note: Fry Shavige on the low flame. You can also add beans or peas to the Shavige along with carrots and capsicum. Cut carrots and capsicum into thin and small pieces. You can even fry these vegetables and then add it to the shavige. Remember consuming lots of oil is not good for body and mind. No need to add any other masala powder to the Chitranna. You can add ground nuts when mustard spurts add it to the mixture and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
2 to 3 Serves
Time : 20 minutes.