Spring Onion & Vegetable Rice is a rice dish and we can have them for brunch (breakfast + Lunch), or lunch or dinner. If you are looking out some thing easy and quick, this vegetable rice will be the perfect dish.
Beans,carrots and spring onion are used. Spring onion dominates the aroma and it reminds of fried rice. Little spices are used here and it can be given the name as Spring Onion & Vegetable rice.
Cloves contain many health benefits. They are good for digestion, they boost the immune system. They control the diabetes and fight against oral diseases. Cloves contain good dietary fiber, Minerals, Vitamin C, folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D and Vitamin K. They are good source of antibacterial properties. They help to protect the liver. They help in controlling the blood sugar levels. They provide relief in headache. They provide relief from inflammation and pain.
It is an easy dish and you can have them for kids party or kitty parties, ladies one pot party. Good to prepare on lazy sundays and just relax and enjoy your day.
Things Needed :Basumathi./Sona Masoori Rice : 2 Cups
Carrots : 2
Beans : 2
Spring Onions : 1 small bundle.
Ginger : an inch
Green chilly : 1
Garam Masala : 1 Teaspoon
Cloves :8 to 10
Cinnamon : an inch
Cardamom : 2
Curd : 1 small cup
Oil : 4 Tablespoons of Oil
Jeera : 1 Teaspoon
Ghee : 2 Tablespoon
Salt : to taste.
Rice Cooker or Pressure cooker.
1. Wash and cut beans and carrots. Wash and cut green chilly, and spring onions and keep it aside.
2. Wash and drain all the water from the rice and keep it aside.
4. Fry them nicely for 10 to 20 seconds.
5. Add carrots and beans. Fry them for 2 minutes. Add grated ginger and green chilly. Fry for a minute.
7. Add garam masala and mix it well. Shift this fried ingredients in to a rice cooker or pressure cooker.
8. Add salt and 4 cups of plain water. Add curd and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
9 Close the lid and switch on the cook button. Leave it for cooking.
10.. Once the rice is cooked the switch goes off. Leave it for some time.
11. Now keep a pan on the fire. Put 2 tablespoons of oil and jeera/cumin seeds.
12. Fry them nicely and add cut spring onions. Fry them nicely on low flame till they turn soft.
13. Add this fried spring onion to vegetable rice . Mix it again. Add 2 Tablespoon of ghee and mix it slowly.
Note :If you use Sona masoori rice add 1 = 3 cups of water. For basumathi rice : 1 = 2 glasses of water is required. Use oil is optional. (more/less). You can add a tablespoon of butter with oil while heating the oil. It adds to the taste. You can add more vegetables like beans capsicum. Adding more/less chilly is also optional. Adding curd adds to the taste and softens the rice.
Time : 40 minutes.
Serves : 4 to 5.