Usually this rotti cooked on the tava first, when it is half done it is to put on the charcoal fire and it fluffs up like pulka. thats how it got its name Ubbu Rotti. Now a days it is easy since, we have all the modern facilities like gas. I have tried this rotti only cooking on the tava.
Akki (rice) is a palate food of South Indians. People eat rice and rice items most of the time. They also prepare different types of rice items like, Idly, dosas, rotti, different types of rice items like the list go on. I liked this perticular Rotti since it has no oil and its healthy and yemmy. Its not at all heavy.
Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates which give us the energy we need. Brown Rice contains all the amino acids essential for building and maintaining muscle tissue and make upanti bodies, enzymes and hormones. Brown rice help to reduce the bad cholesterol, brown rice contain oil in its outer layerand this help lower bad cholesterol.
This recipe of Akki Rotti is with minimu ingredients and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. I am sure with Your favourite side dish, Akki rotti will steal every one's heart and bring smile and happy tummy too.
Things Needed :
Rice flour : 2 Cups
Water : 2 Cups
Ghee : 1 Tea spoon
Salt : to taste
Method :1. Keep water for boiling.
2. Slowly add the rice powder to boiling water and mix it nicely till it thickens.
3. Now put off the gas and shift the mixture to a bowl.
4. Kneed the rice flour dough nicely adding a tea spoon of ghee.
5. Now divide the dough into small portions.
6. Take a small portion and make as a ball.
7. Keep 3 to 4 table spoons of dry rice flour in the bowl.
8. Now touch the ball size dough with dry flour.
9. Roll this like a chapati gently with the help of roller.
10. Take this rotti and put it on the tava and cook . It raises like Pulka.
11. Turn the other side and cook for 10 to 20 seconds.
13. Repeat the same with remaining dough.
14. Serve Hot rotti with a spoon of fresh ghee on the top and the side dish you like.
Prepare Coconut coriander chutney with grinding coconut, coriander leaves and green chilly, salt and a pinch of ingh (Asafetida) with required water. Give a mustard and curry leaves spurt.
Note : You can also cook half done roti on the gas. But I did not. The rice powder quality also matters. You can add little water if the dough is very hard and brittle while rolling the roti.
Serves : 2 to 3
Time : 40 minutes.