Norrmally Naan is prepared in Maida. / All purpose flour which is not a healthy to use it. So I replaced Maida with wheat flour, added boiled potatoes stuff and prepared yummy Aloo stuffed Naan.
Wheat Flour Naan and it is cooked on tava.. ( Not on gas burner, which is bad for our health).
Potato stuff should be prepared first, so that you need not to wait to roll the naan.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :For the dough :
Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Millet flour : 1/2 Cup
Baking Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Baking Soda : 1/4 Teaspoon
Curd /Yogurt : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Salt : A little /As required
Oil : 2 Tablespoons + 2 Tablespoons
Black Sesame Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon ( Optional/To sprinkle on the top).
For Stuffing :
Potatoes : 3 ( Medium sized )
Garam Masala powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Coriander leaves : 1 Tablespoon
Jeera/Cumin seeds/1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : As required : 1/2 Teaspoon
Method :Aloo/Potato Stuffing
1. Wash and pressure cook 2 to 3 potatoes for 5 minutes and let it cool.
2. Peel off the outer layer and put them in a bowl.
3.Add required salt, garam masala powder, little jeera powder.
4. Wash and cut coriander leaves and cut into thin pieces. (Remove the leaves from its stick).
5. Smash them nicely and take a small portion and make like bonda (round ) shape.
6. Keep them aside.
Dough Preparation :
1. Take a big bowl and add 2 cups of wheat flour, 1/2 cup of millet/jola/jowar/Sorghum flour.
2. Add a teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda/cooking soda to the flour.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of curd/yogurt and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Mix all the ingredients.
4. Prepare the chapati/naan dough. Add water only if required. The dough should be soft.
5. Allow the dough to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Now kneed the dough nicely and divide them into small portion.
7. Take a small portion of the dough and stuff aloo mixture and cover it from all sides.
8. Roll them on dry flour and roll it as chapati. It should done slowly without putting weight on it.
9. Keep a chapati tava/pan on the fire and heat. Wet your hand and press is it slightly on the rolled naan.
10. Take out the rolled naan slowly and place the wet side on the tava. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds
and coriander leaves on the top and press it slightly. So that it sticks to the Naan.
on the top.
11. Cook on both sides with low and medium flame.
13. Apply butter on the top and serve with a cup of curd pickle or any curry of your choice.
14. Repeat the same and prepare the rest of naans.
The dough should be very soft. Adding millet flour makes the dough soft. Do not add more millet flour. You may not be able to roll them. Adding oil on the top of naan while cooking is optional. I have not added. I added butter on the top of Naan while serving. Cook on low and medium flame.
So that it does not get burnt. No need to rest the dough for a long time. Baking powder and baking soda turns the dough very soft.
You can cook this naan on the gas just after heating the naan on the tava you need to pace it on gas burner and cook. These days it is said cooking food on the gas burner is not a healthy option. So I decided to cook this Wheat flour Aloo Naan on the tava. (Both the sides).
Time : 40 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3.