I have used millet flour, moong dal, urid dal and a special chutney which is very easy to prepare and healthy to eat it.
Having Pepper in your diet helps to keep away Alzheimer disease.
This dosa is filled with proteins and less carbohydrates and easy to prepare, healthy to have them and is one of the diabetic friendly Dosa.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Moong dal : 1/4 Cup
Urid dal : 1/2 Cup
Millet flour : 1/2 Cup
Pepper pods : 2 to 4.
Salt : As required
Curd : 2 Tablespoons
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Wash and soak moong and urid dal together for 2 hours and grind it with 2 to 4 pepper pods.
2.Use required water to grind and remove the batter to a big bowl.
3. Put little water and mix millet flour and add this batter to moong - urid batter. Add required salt, 2 tablespoons of curd and mix it well.
4. Add little water to the batter and mix it well and the consistency should be normal dosa batter.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Clean the pan nicely with a kitchen tissue. ( Let the flame be low ).
6. Take a ladle full of dosa batter and spread it on the pan in circle shape.
7. Sprinkle little oil on the top of dosa and cook on medium and low flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Turn dosa on other side and cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
9. Dosa is ready to serve. Serve with your choice of side dish.
10. Repeat the same with remaining dosa batter.
11. You can ferment the batter for 5 to 6 hours and then prepare dosa. It turns crispy and golden colour.
12. We had these Millet /Jola - Moong - Urid Dal Dosa with chutney pudi chatney and jaggery. .
Note :Adding curd to batter turns the batter bit soft. You can add little cooking soda. ( Optional, I have not added). Add little water to millet flour and mix it well and then add it to urid - moong dal batter. It helps to mix all the ingredients well. Use of ghee instead of oil is optional. I have used oil.
Sprinkle water on tava each time and clean the tava, it helps to reduce the heat of the pan and you can spread the batter nicely on tava/pan. One should adjust the batter to dosa batter consistency and then make dosa. Do not pour batter on hot tava, it sticks to the ladle and you may not be able to spread the batter into thin dosa. ( Do not put your weight on ladle.
Sprinkle oil on the dosa not on pan. Sprinkle oil on tava will not allow you to spread the dosa easily. It turns thick and the batter sticks to ladle. Let the flame be low while pouring the dosa batter to tava. And then spread it easily and lightly.
Time : 2 hours + 30 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3
Curd - Chutneypudi Chutney :Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of chutney pudi to 2 to 3 tablespoons of curd and mix it well. Season with mustard, curry leaves and ingh. Add this seasoning and little salt to the chutney you prepared and serve.
Time : 5 Minutes.