It is so easy to prepare and we do enjoy eating with Ganji.
This pickle is so handy and it helps and eases our daily work . In South Canara in our homes we normally do not prepare chutney always. It has become a habit that we use varieties of pickles especially mango pickles. The varieties of mango pickle like, ಕೆತ್ತೆ, ಅಡುಗಾಯಿ, ಮಿಡಿ, ಹಿಂಡಿ, /kette, adugaayi, midi, hindi etc. Each type of pickle is yummy to taste and some last long at least for 2 to 3 years even.
I have used raw mango, mustard seeds, coconut oil, and red chilly powder.
I have used two big raw mangoes.
Let us see the recipe
Things needed :Raw mango : 2 :Big size
Mustard seeds : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : 5 to 6 Tablespoons
Chilly Powder : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
To Season/Temper :
Coconut Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Ingh /Asafoetida : A pinch
Method :1. Wash and wipe mango with clean towel. Leave it for a few minutes.
2. Peel off the green outer layer and cut mango into very small pieces.
3. Take a big bowl and put mango pieces and salt. Mix it well and leave it for a day.
4. Now keep a pan on the fire and put a glass of water. Put a handful of salt and boil till it reduces to half.
5. Add salt water from the mango you have dipped. Let it boil for a minute. Put the cut mango pieces to boiling salt water and put off the fire. Let it cool.
6. Grind mustard seeds and chilly powder with cooled salt water. Let mustard seeds turn as paste.
7. Remove it from mixi jar and mix it with mango pieces. \
9. Add coconut oil, mustard seeds and ingh/Asafoetida seasoning and mix it nicely.
NoteRemember that to wipe mango nicely and then use it. Adding more oil, chilly powder is optional.
Use of coconut oil is optional.
Any brand of chilly powder is optional. I have used MTR red chilly powder.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : Depends upon the servings.