I used prosso millet, coconut, red chilly and some spices like mustard seeds and urid dal.
As I said it is simple, healthy and easy.
Millet do not contain fat. It is free from cholesterol and rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.It is gluten free and good for diabetes and helps to control blood pressure in our body.
Let us see the recipe :
Things Needed :Prosso /Baragu Millet : 1 Big cup
Water : 2 cups
To Season : Oil : 2 Tablespoons
Ghee : 3 to 4 Tablespoon
Red chilly : 3 to 4
Mustard Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 1 Handful
Cashew Nuts : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Coconut : Fresh /Grated : 4 to 5 Tablespoons.
Salt : As Required
Ready to serve Baragu /Prossso Millet Coconut Rice
Method :1. Clean and wash baragu/prosso millet.
2. Add 2 cups of water and cook in pressure cooker. ( Use the same measuring cup to add water).
( It is 1 : 2, 1 prosso millet and 2 cups of water). Allow it to cool.
3. Now spread the prosso millet in a big plate. Millet get to normal temperature.
4. Wash curry leaves and cut into small pieces.
5. Keep a big pan on the fire and add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan.
6. Add mustard seeds and urid dal. Urid dal turns golden brown and mustard seeds splutter.
7. Add red chilly and fry.
8. Add cut curry leaves and cashew nuts. Fry cashews in hot oil till they turn golden colour.
9. Add cooled Baragu/Prosso Millet and required salt. Stir slowly and mix it well.
10. Now add coconut and 3 to 4 tablespoons of ghee and mix it nicely.
11. Let it cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Shift the ready Baragu /Prosso Millet Coconut Rice to a serving dish.
12. Simple, Mild and healthy Baragu /Prosso Millet Coconut Rice is ready to serve.
Note :Use only twice the quantity of water to cook any millet. It does not take much water. Adding more ghee is optional. It adds to the taste. Adding green chilly instead of red chilly is optional. Taste may differ. Use of red chilly is traditional. Use of any cooking oil is optional. Fresh coconut gratings adds to the taste. Do not cook much after adding coconut. ( 2 to 3 minutes will be enough to get good aroma and the good benefits of coconut).
Time : 30 Minutes.