Here is Crunchy Chakkuli which comes out perfect and not to mess up your whole time.
Ganesha Chaturthy /Ganesha festival is here tomorrow. You can prepare this chakkuli for prasadam /neivedya and then enjoy eating this Crunchy Chakkuli later with festival feast.
Let us see the recipe now :
All You need is Fine rice flour, besan/channa dal flour and roasted chenna/Huri kadale/pottu kadale, some simple spices and oil to fry.
Things needed :Rice flour : 3 Cups
Roasted Chenna /Hurikadale :1/2 Cup
Besan/ Channa dal powder : 1/2 Cup
Butter : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Chilly Powder : 2 Teaspoons
Till/Sesame seeds /Elllu : 1 Tablespoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Oil : To Fry : 2 to 3 Cups
Method :1. Dry grind roasted chenna and keep it aside.
2. Take a big bowl and add rice flour, roasted chenna flour, salt, besan.channa dal flour, red chilly powder and butter. Add jeera/cumin seeds and til/Yellu/Sesame seeds.
3. Mix all the ingredients nicely and then slowly add water and prepare chakkuli dough.
4.Kneed the dough nicely and divide it as small portions.
5. Wash and clean the chakkuli mould and insert the chakkuli plate inside.
6. Put a portion of chakkuli dough into the mould. Close the lid and keep aside.
7. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add two cups of oil and let it get hot. ( Medium flame).
8. Now press chakkuli mould straight to the pan. Let chakkuli fall slowly in hot oil and it starts to fry and turn golden brown. Turn chakkuli to the other side and fry.
10. Now remove the done chakkuli to a bowl and put them on kitchen tissue.
11. Repeat the same and prepare remaining chakkuli.
12. Store in air tight box once the chakkulis are cooled.
13.Serve Hot Chakkuli with a cup of coffee, tea, juice or any other drinks.
14. We had it with a cup of tea.
Note :Remember that fine rice flour gives the best result. Adding more/less chilly powder is optional. Adding more butter dissolves chakli while frying. So do not add more butter. Adding only jeera/cumin seeds or sesame seeds is optional. Adding more roasted chenna will turn chakli very soft and it cuts into very small pieces or turns into powder while frying. So be careful while adding roasted chenna.
Time : 40 Minutes.
Serves : According to your serving.