It is an easy dish and good for all age group.
Eating fresh coconut is good for health. It helps to keep our skin soft and smooth.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Capsicum : 1 (Medium size)
Carrot : 1 ( Big )
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Fresh grated coconut : 1 Bowl
Tamarind : 1 Small Marble size
Ginger : An inch.
Methi seeds/Fenugrik seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Pepper Pods : 3 to 4
Salt : As required
For seasoning :
Coconut Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and remove the seeds from capsicum and cut into small pieces.
2. Wash and scrape out the outer layer of carrots and cut into small.
3. Wash and slit green chilly and keep it aside. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger and wash it again.
4. Wash curry leaves and keep it aside. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add coconut oil, pepper pods and methi seeds. Fry till they turn golden brown.
7. Put off the fire and add grated coconut and tamarind.
8. Grind it with required water and salt. ( Add water little by little).
9. Grind it til it turn as required consistency and remove from the mixi jar.
10. Add coconut oil, mustard seeds, ingh and curry leaves seasoning and serve.
Note :Slightly frying the vegetables adds taste. Grinding chutney either coarse or into fine paste is optional.
Use of more / less coconut is optional. Use of more /less chilly is optional.
Time : 10 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3