Happy Deepavali to One and all. Let us celebrate together and enjoy the festival of lights.
Deepaavali is one of the National Festival of India and people do celebrate all over the world where ever they live. This Deepaavali I have prepared Oats - Corn flakes - Walnuts Laddu/laadu/Unde.
This Oats - Corn flakes - Walnuts Laddu is good for health and you can munch on any time of the day.
This Year Deepavali starts from 6 - 11 - 18. The preparation of sweets and savouries is already started. I was just thinking of some thing healthy, easy and energetic laddu/ laadu/ Unde to prepare. So tried laddu with cornflakes, oats, walnuts and dates.
This laadu can be kept for many days and You can distribute to your friends, neighbours and take it for travelling too.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :
Oats : 400 Gr pack
Corn Flakes : 1 Big Bowl
Walnuts : 1 Small Cup
Raisins : 1 Cup
Jaggery 250 Gr or little more
Ghee : 1 Cup
Roasted Chenna /Huri Kadale /Putani : 1 Cup
Dry Coconut /Kopra / Kobbari : 1 small one
Cardamom : 8 to 10
1. Dry roast oats on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Dry roast corn flakes for 3 to 4 minutes. Let it get cool. Dry grind oats and corn flakes into powder.
2. Dry grind copra and cardamom pods. Dry grind roasted chenna in to coarse powder. ( Just give a churn). Do not turn them as powder. Remove from the mixi jar and keep it aside.
3. Dry roast corn flakes and dry grind it with walnuts.
4. Keep a big pan on the fire and heat. Add jaggey and put some water. (1/4 cup).
5. Let jaggery melt completely. Sieve jaggery with a siever. Keep the clean jaggery mixture aside.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and put jaggery mixture and stir continuously.
7. Let it get into one string consistency. Add dry ground coconut.
8. Now add all the powdered ingredients one by one. Dry ground oats, corn flakes.
9. Mix all the ingredients nicely and put off the fire. Now add coarse powdered chenna and mix it.
10. Put the pan down ,add ghee and raisins. Mix it nicely.
11. Take a handful of Oats - Corn flakes - walnuts and coconut mixture and press it tightly, closing your hand. Try to give a round shape and prepare laddu.
12. Prepare the rest of laddu and keep it in a big bowl. Let it be there for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
13. Put them in a air tight boxes and cover the lid. Store and serve these Corn flakes - Oats and Walnut laddu.
14. Serve these Laddus in the evening or any time of the day. Store it in air tight box.
You need to roast it nicely so that the raw smell disappear and it taste so good.
Adding raisins more /less is optional.
Adding a cup of ghee adds taste to Laddu. Adding more /less ghee is optional.
Add little more ghee / little fresh boiled milk if you are not able to give a ball shape abd then prepare Laddu. Frying raisins in a tablespoon of ghee is optional. ( I have used it as it is ).
Time : 30 Minutes.
30 Laddus can be prepared. ( According to size ).