Here I have prepared Uttappa / Fluffy Dose and it is yummy and filling and easy.
Ready to serve Rava- Ragi - Onion Uttappa
I have used Ragi, Rava and very little wheat flour. I added onions, grated carrots, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly and coconut.
Rava -Ragi - Onion Uttappa is puffed dosa and is good to have for breakfast and is filled with nutritious grains. It keeps you full for a long time and provides energy. Good to have some best breakfast in the morning. That keeps you happy and energetic for the whole day.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :Ragi/Finger Millet flour : 1/2 Cup
Rava /Semolina : Medium Sized : 1 Cup
Wheat flour : 2 Tablespoons
Onions : 2
Carrot : 1
Cucumber : 1 (Small size) .
Coriander leaves : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Curry Leaves : 10 to 12 Leaves
Coconut : 2 Tablespoons
Green chilly : 1
Salt : As required
Ginger : An Inch
Method :1. Wash and cut coriander leaves, curry leaves into very small.
2. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger and wash it again. Grate it. Wash and scrape out carrots outer layer and grate it. Keep it aside.
3. Remove outer layer of onions and wash it. Cut into small pieces. Peel off the cucumber outer layer and grate cucumber and keep it aside.
4. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
5. Now take a big bowl and put Rava, ragi flour, wheat flour and salt. Mix it well.
6. Add required water.
7. Add cut onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Add grated carrots, cucumber and ginger.
8. Mix all the ingredients nicely and prepare the batter. It should be idli batter consistency.
9. Now the batter is ready. Keep a dosa pan on the fire and heat. Put little oil on the pan.
10. Now take a ladle of Rava - Ragi - Onion Uttappa batter and put it on the tava. Do not spread much.
11. Add little oil on the top, cover and cook on low and medium flame.
12. Turn the other side and cook till it is done. ( 1 minute ).
13. Rava - Ragi - Onion Uttappa is ready to serve or eat.
14. Add a spoon of ghee/butter on the top of hot Uttappa and serve with a side dish you have prepared.
Note :Cut all the vegetables into small. I have used the chopper. Adding more chilly and coconut is optional. Add only required water. The batter consistency should be like idli batter consistency.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3.