Hibiscus flowers /ದಾಸವಾಳ ಹೂವುಗಳು are one of the beautiful creation of God.
Varieties and colourful flowers shine on the plant and it is just wonderful to see. I have tried delicious Drink from Red Hibiscus flower and raw mango. It is purely my creation and I do think of many wonderful recipes with in the traditions.
I have used Hibiscus flowers, raw mango, liquid jaggery/organic jagggery and a pinch of salt.
Let us see some benefits of Hibiscus Flower in our diet.
Normally Hibiscus leaves are used to condition our hair. The flowers are used for preparing Hot Hibiscus Tea and juice from Hibiscus flowers.
Let us see some benefits of Hibiscus flowers.
Hibiscus flower Helps to lower the blood pressure, reduce the levels of sugar and fats in the blood. It is filled with antibiotic properties.It is good for digestive system. Hibiscus has vitamin A, vitamin C and varies anti oxidant properties.It helps in improving our mood and lower the cholesterol level in our body. It is rich in anti inflammatory properties and helps to reduce the inflammation within small time. It is filled with antibacterial properties. It takes care of our liver. It helps to treat high blood pressure and high cholesterol level. It helps in treating hypertension and anxiety. Hibiscus flower is good for restoring hormonal balance and reduces the depression and overeating.
Let us see the recipe Now : The below said quantity is for 2 to 3 glasses of Hibiscus flower - raw mango Drink.
Things Needed :Hibiscus Flowers : 3 to 4
Jaggery /Honey : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : A Pinch
Raw Mango Gratings : 2 Tablespoons
Water : 2 Glasses.
Method :1. Clean Hibiscus flower /Check nicely to see any insects or worms in the flower and then wash it.
2. Remove the petals and check again. Leave it aside. Wash and clean raw mango and then grate it.
3. Keep a bowl and add 2 glasses of water to boil on the fire.
4. Add cleaned hibiscus petals and let it boil nicely. It starts to leave the colour naturally.
5. Put off the fire and let the water get cooled.
6. Use a strainer to strain the content to other bowl.
7.It should be cooled now.
8. Add jaggery and add raw mango gratings. Mix it well and let the jaggery melt nicely in Hibiscus mixture.
9. Add grated mango and a pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients nicely. Let jaggery melt well in water.
10. Pour the Hibiscus juice to serving glass and serve.
Note :Hibiscus juice helps to reduce the tension and helps the mind to relax. It also helps to cool mind and body. Adding honey instead of jaggery is optional. Cool the boiled hibiscus mixture and then add lemon and jaggery. Adding a pinch of salt helps to quench your thirst and getting cold.
Time : 15 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3.