It is an easy dish and I have used Kabooli Channa, little spices and curd.
Let us see the recipe
Things Needed :
To Cook :
Kabooli Channa : 1 Cup
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Grated ginger : 1 /2 Teaspoon
To Add :
Curd : 1/2 Cup
Sweet and Spicy Chutney : 2 Tablespoobs
Coriander Leaves : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Chat Masala : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Red chilly powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
1. Wash and soak kabooli channa over night.
2. Wash it again in the morning or 5 to 6 hours and pressure cook with required water.
3. It should cook well it should be soft.
4. Keep a pan and heat. Add oil and mustard seeds, jeera and let mustard seeds splutter.
5. Add green chilly and fry for 20 seconds. Add cooked channa and stir nicely.
6. Add grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder and fry nicely.
7. Add required salt and mix it well. Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
8. Mix all the ingredients nicely and allow it to cook for 2 minutes. Put of the gas.
9. Take a bowl and add curd, chat masala powder, a pinch of jeera powder.
10. Add chilly powder and little salt. Mix all the ingredients nicely, Let curd mixes well with all the other ingredients. Add little more curd if required.
11. Take a plate, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cooked channa, and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of curd on the top.
12. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and put 1/4 teaspoon of spicy and sweet chutney and serve.
Channa should be cooked soft. Adding onions on the top while serving is optional. I have not added.
Adding any other spice is optional. You can prepare Onion Rings and serve along with this Dahi Channa.
Time : Soaking time Over night or 5 to 6 hours + Cooking time + 20 to 25 minutes.+ Plating + 10 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4
We had it with home prepared Onion Rings.
How to make Onion Rings ?
Mix 1/2 cup of besan/channa powder, 1 Tablespoon of rice flour, required chilly and 1/4 teaspoon of jeera and required salt. Mix with required water and prepare pakoda batter. (Bit thick).
Remove the outer skin of onions and wash it. Cut it as circle and keep it aside.
Keep 1 cup of oil in a frying pan. Let it get hot.
Dip each onion ring in besan mixture and put it slowly in hot oil. Fry on both sides.
Remove it from hot oil once it is done and put it on a kitchen tissue.