Paneer - Tomato Curry is easy to prepare in very little time. It is one of the easy dish and goes well with almost all type of rotis. This curry is not spicy and every one loves to have paneer in their diet now a days. Paneer is filled calcium since it is made of milk. Just give a try and let me know how did it turn?
I have used Nandini Paneer , tomatoes, almonds, garam masala and coriander leaves.Cottage cheese is known as Paneer and it contains rich source of calcium and Protein. Using Paneer we can prepare lots of dishes , like Paneer Tikka, Parotha, Pakoda. Chapati Paneer Roll and many more. Kids love to have Paneer in their diet. Here is a Paneer Curry simple recipe and this curry is prepared with out using onions or garlic and all age group will definitely like it. Paneer is made with milk. Paneer - Tomato curry is an easy dish as I said it does not take much time. Give a try and I am sure you will love it.
Things Needed:Paneer: 2oo Grams.
Tomatoes: 2 to 3
Coriander leaves: 1 Table spoon
Garam Masala : 1/2 Tea spoon
Green chilly: 1
Ginger: 1/2 Tea spoon (grated)
Almonds: 5 to 6
Grated fresh coconut: 1 table spoon
Salt : to taste
Jeera: !/2 Tea spoon
Oil: 1 Table spoon
Method:1.Thaw the frozen Paneer and cut them in to small pieces.( According to your wish). Put them in hot water till you use.
2. Wash and grind Tomatoes (raw) , green chilly, grated fresh coconut, Almonds (with skin),grated ginger and 1/2 tea spoon of garam Masala and keep it aside.
3. Now keep a pan on the fire. Heat and put 1 teaspoon of oil and fry Paneer cuts (cubes) till little brown and remove them.
4. Now put one more spoon of oil to the pan and put jeera and fry for 10 seconds.
5. Add ground tomato mixture. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
6. Add fried paneer to it. Mix it nicely. Add required water. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add turmeric powder a pinch and salt to it.. Mix it nicely and cook for a minute
8. Shift it to a serving dish and add coriander leaves. Add a teaspoon of butter or cream on the top.
( Top layer on the milk).
9. Serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Soaking paneer in hot water helps the paneer to be soft. Frying paneer turns it chew. So do not fry much. Use of onions and garlic is optional. Use of more/less spice is optional. Adding milk cream on the top adds to the taste. ( Use home prepared cream. Just collect the cream once you boil milk and put it in freezer and use it within a week). Use of any brand garam masala is optional. Use very little of it.
Serves 2 to 3
Time : 15 Minutes.